Who is the Training and Research visa for?

The Training and Research visa (Subclass 402) is for people who want to come to Australia on a temporary basis to participate in occupational training, observe or participate in research as a visiting academic, or participate in a professional development program.

The Training and Research visa has three streams:

  1. Occupational Trainee stream: for people who need structured workplace-based training to enhance their skills in their current occupation, area of tertiary study, or field of expertise.
  2. Professional Development stream: for professionals, managers or government officials invited to participate in a professional development training program in Australia. The program must have been arranged by an employer outside Australia. The program usually lasts up to 18 months.
  3. Research stream: for professional academics invited to visit Australia to observe or participate in an Australian research project at an Australian tertiary or research institution. Applicants in the Occupational Trainee or Research stream can be in or outside Australia when they apply. They may be in or outside Australia at time of grant regardless of where their visa was lodged. Applicants in the Professional Development stream must be outside Australia when they apply and when the visa is granted.

Qualifying for the Training and Research subclass 402 visa

Applicants for a Training and Research visa must:

  • Be sponsored by one of the following:

- An approved training and research sponsor

- An approved professional development sponsor

- An approved visiting academic sponsor

- An approved occupational trainee sponsor (for sponsorship applications lodged before 24 November 2012).

  • Meet the requirements of the visa for the stream in which they are applying
  • Have a genuine intention to stay temporarily in Australia
  • Have adequate financial support for themselves and accompanying family members while in Australia
  • Have adequate arrangements for health insurance while in Australia
  • Meet health and character requirements.
  • Be at least 18 years of age.

STEADFAST SERVICES Here We Come can assist you with your subclass 402 visa

We are a firm of Migration Agents and Immigration Lawyers who can organise your Training and Research subclass 402 visa..

Call STEADFAST SERVICES Here We Come a call on +91 9393093950 or complete our contact form which you'll find here and we'll arrange a consultation to assess your prospects of success with this Australian Visa.